There are some things that need to be taken into consideration with website design and development in order to make it successful online, whether it is a new website or you are updating an existing website. Taking these points into consideration will avail the best possible outcome for your website.
Website Design Checklist:
- Domain Name: Choose a Domain Name that is uniquely related to your business. You should include some keywords related to your business as it helps your website in Search Engine Optimization Process.
- Identify Goals and objectives: Identify the business problems and categorize your short term and long term based on their priority. The goals and objectives are the standards which you want to achieve through the business.
- Content: The content on the website should be absolutely original and relevant according to your website. Plan to update the content on the website from time to time.
- Marketing: Marketing helps in promotion of your website and allows it to reach the maximum number of persons. Target the audience and choose among traditional and modern media for exposure and success of your website.
- Technology: For the optimum utilization, the technology requirements need to be identified and listed along with how to meet them to insure the success of the website.
- Execution: Plan and prepare well in advance before executing the website design. Issues include the originality of content, managing the content and planning how the customers will be reached, and a plan for building relations with the targeted audience.
Website Development Checklist:
- CMS: CMS stands for Content Management System. A CMS is software that helps you to manage your content on the website. It provides for building and modifying content on the website.
- Social Media Marketing: Marketing nowadays has become an integral part for all businesses. And the most prominent among them is Social Media. Social Media Marketing is essential for all businesses, whether small or large. Social Media is a tool used to market your products or services, creating awareness, and increasing the sales volume.
- Security: Security of the website should be dealt with the utmost care and concern from the initial stage. The first thing to be done is to buy a secure certificate and have your web host set up SSL (Secure Socket Layer) for your website if it’s not included with the hosting account. SSL allows you to encrypt the data sent between your website and it’s users.
- Website Management: Website management includes management of the software. Website software needs to be updated from time to time, security scanning and hosting needs to be checked and fresh content needs to be uploaded.
- Digital Strategy: Apply a Digital Strategy at every step of the Website Development, from beginning till the end. If required, do some research to know the requirements of the website to make it a successful website indeed.