Once you are done with your WordPress Website Development, you’ll need to know the difference between Managed and Unmanaged WordPress Hosting in order to decide which is one the best for your wonderful WordPress Website. In this article, we’ll explain the meaning of both Managed and Unmanaged WordPress Hosting and the difference between them to let you choose what’s best for your website.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress Hosting is hosting specifically designed for a WordPress Website. It is a professional and optimized service to manage the technical aspects of running a WordPress website. The Managed WordPress Hosting services might include speed, security, uptime and scalability. This type of Hosting is a sophisticated option for businesses because of its professional services and other additional services like Git. In Managed WordPress Hosting you pay the hosting provider to manage your server. They also install WordPress and optimize its functioning.
What is Unmanaged WordPress Hosting?
An Unmanaged WordPress hosting seems to be a negative term but actually, it isn’t. Unmanaged WordPress Hosting simply means that you have complete access and control of your WordPress Website, as well as full control over it. The Hosting services like speed, security, uptime and scalability are under your control, unlike Managed WordPress Hosting where the provider takes care of these issues. Unmanaged WordPress Hosting is called this because the hosting company does not provide any managerial services on your server. The tasks that would be included in Managed WordPress Hosting will need to be done by you provided that you have the necessary skills. So if you have experience, you don’t need Managed Hosting.
Managed vs. Unmanaged WordPress Hosting
- Expert Support: The Managed WordPress Hosting service provides you with expert support because they have a team of experienced hosts rather than someone who is referring to a support manual which is typical of Unmanaged WordPress Hosting. You provide the expert support.
- Security: With the advancement of technology, hackers have also increased. The security of your website data is important for you and your visitors. With Managed WordPress Hosting your data is secured but in Unmanaged WordPress Hosting you are responsible for the security of your data as well as taking steps to prevent hacking and to deal with it when it does occur. In addition, most Unmanaged WordPress Hosting services require you to fix any hacker incursions that compromise the server, such as bots that send out spam which gives the server a reputation as a spam source.
- Speed: Your visitors like a website that loads faster. The Managed WordPress Hosting Service ensures fast loading speed of your website and decreased bounce rate. You’ll need to learn these skills if you choose for the Unmanaged WordPress Hosting, but there are plenty of online resources to aid you.
- Expense: Managed WordPress hosting involves a lot of technical know-how, time, and expense which in turn increases its price, unlike Unmanaged WordPress Hosting, so it tends to be significantly cheaper tha Managed WordPress Hosting. The only cost involved in Unmanaged WordPress Hosting is your site development if you choose not to do it yourself.
- Automatic Updates: Many Managed WordPress Hosting providers handle keeping your WordPress installation up to date, including the core WordPress installation, plugins and the theme where possible, so that you don’t have to worry about updates. With Unmanaged WordPress Hosting all the updates are done by you.
How to reach a decision?
To make a determined decision between Managed and Unmanaged WordPress Hosting you need to consider the following two factors:
- First, do you need a particular service and if you do then whether the hosting company (like Itabix) provides those services or not.
- Second, whether you have the required skills to perform the server management on your own.
What is a better choice?
The best choice between Managed and Unmanaged WordPress Hosting totally depends upon the requirements of your website. If you are on a limited budget then you should definitely choose Unmanaged WordPress Hosting but if you can spend the money, then you can choose Managed WordPress Hosting and not have to deal with managing your site. If you have less time or if you want to save money then you can choose Managed WordPress Hosting. Once you answer these questions, you can choose the best option for you.