Domain Authority (DA):
Domain Authority refers to the web metric that indicates your website authority ranging from 0 to 100. The Domain Authority is developed by Moz. All the bloggers want to be ranked higher in search engines. Domain Authority is a grade that estimates the rank of your website on Google and other search engines. The higher the Domain Authority (DA), the higher is the rank of your website on the search engines. A high Domain Authority Score is not easy to attain. Therefore, in order to avoid a low score always keep your website’s content updated and qualitative.
When you start a new website, the DA score of that website is usually 0 or 1. Comparatively, the score of big and established websites like Facebook is around 100.
Some facts about Domain Authority –
- Domain Authority takes time to increase. It does not happen overnight.
- High DA means high rankings on search engines. Consequently, it increases website traffic
- Over 40 signals are taken into consideration while calculating DA
The calculation of Domain Authority is based upon many factors as follows:
- The structure of your website
- The Site loading time
- The number of incoming links to your website
- The relevance of incoming links to your website
- The quality of your website’s content
- Technical and non-technical SEO of your website
- Social Shares
Domain Authority vs. Page Authority:
On one hand, Page Authority (PA) is a score that predicts how well a specific page will rank on search engine result pages (SERPs).
On the other hand, Domain Authority (DA) is a score that predicts how well a website will rank on search engine result pages (SERPs).
Importance of increasing the Domain Authority (DA) of your website
- Increasing the Domain Authority of your website has its own importance in terms of SEO.
- DA is a metric you can use to evaluate the performance of your website
- The increase in Domain Authority increases the chance of your website ranking higher on search engines like Google.
- Helps to determine the quality of your website
- Maintains esteem of the website.
How to Increase the Domain Authority (DA) of your website?
- Check the Current Rankings
The causes of low domain authority and low rankings of your website cannot be identified until you inspect the data with the help of SEO Tools. SEO Tools and other tools help you to locate your website’s position ranging from 0 to 100. This will also allow you to determine your position in comparison with your competitors.
- Research on Competitors
Researching your competitors is very important, and you can do it using various tools available. One of those tools is SEM Rush which allows you to compare your domain with similar websites. Furthermore, various factors like domain authority, number of links, and keyword rankings are taken into consideration to improve your rankings in search engines.
- Link building to Link Earning
The more prevalent technology these days is Link Earning and it will become even more popular amongst marketers in the coming future. Link building has become an obsolete technique of increasing your Domain Authority. The best way to increase Link Earning is by writing quality content which is helpful to people, so that people will start linking you on their website. So, Link Earning is a much more effective method as compared to Link Building.
- Internal Linking
In the urge of getting external links on their website, people usually underestimate the importance of internal linking. Whenever you write a new blog, you should ensure that you link to two or more of your old blogs. Another reason that internal linking is important is that it helps to reduce the bounce rate of your website.